Ok, the lovely Simon Law at another planning bloghas dragged me into this blogger’s game of 5-fers. For someone who’s only just started recently (and been off the planning map for ages) I find this very flattering. Thanks, mate.
Ok so 5 things that I like about me but you might not know
1. I’m proud to be Welsh even though we left when I was young (I once taught the entire Estonian Marketing world how to curse the English at their annual conference…then Adam Morgan came onstage).
2. I love to fish (for anything). Have done since a family holiday when I was 7 or 8. Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn. Sea, river, lake, pond, anywhere. Main pic is me and nephew Jimbob doing our big fish thing in Mallorca…
3. I still love to play cricket (and do so badly) – have done since primary school. Haven’t really improved much (although there were a couple of seasons) but I love playing and watching it. Despite what those naughty Australians have been doing to us recently…
4. I still sing with a band. The Big Shorts. They play an interesting role in the upcoming Herd book. Not sure what they’ll make of it. Used to be a choirboy and have always sung. Am now perfecting my Prince Buster-meets-Joey Ramone impersonations for a gig in March
5 bloggers that I find myself going back to again and again:
1. Cecilia at Digitaldigressions is one of the smartest folk I know. A senior designer at Lego, she has a whole different take on the stuff we worry about.
2. bldgblog another different angle – architecture and urban space. always gets me thinking, even a trawl through the archives
3. Russell of course, the Daddy
4. David H at howies. I really admire the company and David and his team’s short blogs on the weather, work problems and thoughts about business generally are a treat.
5.Finally, Ben Goldacre at badscience, the Guardian’s one man scourge of dodgy science. I cheer inside when I read his latest post. Top man.